Cast the First Stone

As I sit here with my family on a rainy Monday we decided to watch "Son of God." If you have seen this movie then you know it is about Jesus and the parables he told. There is one parable that really stuck out to me and melted my heart. As a side note: For me to have my heart melt and move me to tears takes a lot. I am not a very emotional person to the point where I shed tears. But the parable that I am talking about is the one where Jesus says, "He with out sin, cast the first stone." There are at least two reasons why this touched me so much.
The first reason is that Jesus, could have cast the first stone, but didn't. You probably are thinking the obvious on why Jesus did not cast the first stone. The obvious reason is that he was trying to teach and show a lesson right now about love and compassion. That is true, he was teaching that. But look at what Jesus said,  "He who is without sin." As we all know Jesus is without sin so he could have casted the first stone. But as I stated before he did not because of the lesson he was wanting to teach the Religious leaders. If you have seen the movie then you know that he does not and drops the stone. When he drops the stone this is the part that just hit home with me.
So, how did this hit home for me? I am glad you asked. If you have read my other blog posts then you know I have struggled with finding my place and having a hard time accepted love from others and from God. (I could talk more about this but that is another blog post). Okay, back to the movie and the parable that I am talking about. So, after Jesus dropped his stone he went to the woman who was in question and about to be stoned and showed her love and compassion. Here is what moved me. You know how you see romantic movies and you see the couple who are in love and you sit there and think I wish had a man in my life treat me that way. If you know what I am talking about then you can understand the scene of this movie. He goes to her in such a gentle and loving manner that it is like the romantic movie was just talking about. It was at that moment that I realized that is what Jesus does to me (us) when we come to him with everything we have. It was at that moment that I realized that Jesus loves me and takes me into his warm embrace and kisses me on the forehead and tells me that it will be okay.
I wrote this post to share a bit of my life and to let others know that God is real and that no matter what you are going through Jesus is always there with arms wide open and ready to love you no matter what you have done. If you want Jesus and God in your life all you have to do is pray and ask him to come into your life and be the Lord of all. God will be there just like Jesus to love you and give you that movie kind of love you have always dreamed of. Once, you have prayed the prayer God will say, "You are forgiven and go and sin no more."




lf this post has helped you then leave a comment and share this on Facebook, Google+ or any other social media feel free. If you want to share this with your bible study group then please contact me and let me know, so I know that this has touched your life. As always I am here if you need someone to talk too. May God love you and give you grace and mercy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Blogger templates